Prevent pregnancy with Marvelon contraceptive pill
Marvelon is a combined contraceptive pill that is clinically proven to be 99% effective at preventing pregnancy.
Marvelon pills have additional qualities including reducing period cramps and making your menstruation cycle more predictable.
- 99% effective at preventing pregnancy
- Convenient 21 day course
- Can help to reduce pain caused by your period
- Contains both synthetic oestrogen and progestogen
"Hormonal contraception is used by millions of women to safely prevent pregnancy. euroClinix allows you to order your contraception online, when it’s not entirely convenient to go to your doctor."
Benefits of the Marvelon pill
Marvelon is a combined oral contraceptive pill. One of the main benefits of using an oral contraceptive such as Marvelon is that it provides you with immediate and convenient protection against pregnancy if taken on the first day of your period. If it is not possible to take the pill on the first day of your period, you can take it up until the fifth day and will be fully effective after 7 days.
Apart from having a contraceptive effect, this birth control pill can also help:
- Make your periods lighter
- Make your periods less painful
- Make your periods more regular
- Control outbreaks of acne
How does Marvelon work?
Marvelon pills contain artificial versions of the female hormones oestrogen and progestogen. These hormones work together to provide protection against pregnancy in three different ways:
- By telling your body that ovulation has already occurred – when it hasn't – which stops the release of an egg for fertilisation.
- By thickening the cervical mucus, which makes it difficult for sperm to enter the womb.
- By preventing the womb lining from thickening, so that an egg can implant itself, in the unlikely event that an egg does get released.
Who can take Marvelon?
Most women over the age of 18 can safely purchase and use the Marvelon contraceptive pill. However, there are certain health conditions and medications with which this contraceptive cannot be used:
- It is not be advised to use this birth control pill if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You shouldn't take Marvelon pills if you are over 35
- You shouldn't take Marvelon pills if you are a smoker
- You shouldn't take Marvelon pills if you are if you have a history of heart or circulation problems
- You shouldn't take Marvelon pills if you have ever had a stroke
You should ensure that you mention any medication you are currently taking, or any other relevant health-related information during your free online consultation so that the doctor can make sure that you can safely use this medicine to your benefit.
How do you take Marvelon pills?
Ideally, you should start taking Marvelon pills on the first day of your period for immediate protection against conception. It is a 21-day pill that you need to take for 21 consecutive days of your cycle, followed by a seven-day break before you start your next strip.
During the seven-day break period you will be completely protected, but you will experience a withdrawal bleed during this time. This bleeding replaces your period and is your body's way of removing the contraceptive hormones safely from your system. Because you are not ovulating, bleeding is usually less uncomfortable than during a normal period. You should take these birth control pills at the same time each day to maximize its effectiveness.
Marvelon pill side effects
Some women may be less tolerant than others to the ingredients ethinylestradiol and desogestrel that are present Marvelon pills although the majority will not experience any side effects.
If you are using this contraceptive method for the first time, you may experience mild side effects until your body has adjusted to the new hormones. However, if these don't go away, it is advisable to change to a contraceptive with different hormones or lower concentrations of artificial oestrogen and progestogen. The most common side effects of these birth control pills are:
- Breast pain or tenderness
- Increased hair growth
- Changes in weight or appetite
- Changes in sex drive and periods
Can I buy Marvelon pills online?
You can buy Marvelon contraceptive pills online from euroClinix by completing a free and confidential consultation form. Based on our doctor's diagnosis of your health, a valid prescription will then be issued and your treatment will be dispensed from our registered pharmacy and shipped via free next day delivery.
Here at euroClinix, your safety is our priority. That is why we only supply genuine treatments dispensed by registered UK pharmacies.
- Genuine medication
- Prescribed by a registered doctor
- Dispatched from a licensed UK pharmacy
If you are unsure which combined contraceptive pill to choose, simply select up to four pills from the table below to compare the features and benefits of each.