Treat herpes virus using Aciclovir tablets
Aciclovir can provide symptomatic relief and reduce the amount of time it takes to recover from a genital herpes, shingles or cold sore outbreak.
It can treat outbreaks when they occur and can also be taken as a preventative treatment for genital herpes and cold sores.
- Can significantly reduce the recovery time of a herpes outbreak
- Provides timely relief from painful and uncomfortable symptoms
- Can be taken as a preventative treatment for cold sores and genital herpes
- Available in 200mg and 800mg doses
What is Aciclovir?
This medicine is one of the most commonly used anti-viral drugs. It is an oral prescription that is used to cure shingles, certain viral infections like core sores, genital herpes and chicken pox.
Aciclovir can help to stop infections from getting worse and can also help to reduce the chances of an infection returning. It is sometimes used to prevent infections in people who are at greater risk of getting infections because their immune systems are not working properly.
What benefits can you expect when you buy Aciclovir tablets online?
This medication is a proven way to treat and prevent outbreaks of genital herpes, cold sores and shingles. The sooner you take it after you’ve noticed the first signs of an outbreak, the better it will be at cutting down recovery time and minimising the occurrence of uncomfortable symptoms. This medication can also be used to suppress the virus and prevent outbreaks, especially in people who experience frequent genital herpes infections.
You can buy Aciclovir online from euroClinix after completing an online consultation. The consultation will be reviewed by one of our doctors, to ensure that this prescription medication is suitable for you.
How do Aciclovir tablets work?
These tablets work by directly attacking the herpes simplex virus, to prevent it from spreading. It does this by influencing the DNA polymerase enzymes that are vital when helping the virus duplicate and spread, allowing your body to deal with it more effectively. This is why taking this treatment when the infection hasn't been active for a long time is so important.
Who can take it?
Most men and women over the age of 18 can buy Aciclovir tablets for the treatment of genital herpes, cold sores and shingles.
Who cannot take it?
These tablets may not be entirely suitable to take if you are currently pregnant or breastfeeding. You should also not take it if you are diabetic or taking medicines such as Zidovudine, Ciclosporin or Cimetidine.
During your online consultation, make sure that you mention any medical conditions or medications you are taking that may be relevant, whether they were mentioned in this section or not.
How do you take Aciclovir?
Aciclovir is taken in different doses, depending on the strain of herpes virus it's required to treat. Although a doctor may adjust the dosage slightly, below is a general idea of what might be prescribed:
- For genital herpes and cold sores, the general prescribed dose would be one 200mg Aciclovir tablet 5 times a day, at 4 hourly intervals for a duration of 5 days
- As a preventative treatment for genital herpes and cold sores, one Aciclovir 200mg tablet should be taken 4 times a day at 6 hour intervals for 6 to 12 months
- One 800mg Aciclovir tablet (or four 200mg tablets) 5 times a day at 4 hour intervals for 7 days is usually recommended for the treatment of shingles
Are there any side effects?
Just like all prescription medications, Aciclovir can cause side effects, however, this is not the rule and since it's mostly used as a short-term treatment, any effects aren't lasting. Common effects include headaches, diarrhoea, stomach pains, rashes, dizziness and fatigue. If you develop any more serious effects or these effects won't go away, then you should seek medical advise.
Can you buy Aciclovir online?
You can buy Aciclovir online from euroClinix after completing an online consultation. The consultation will be reviewed by one of our doctors. At euroClinix we carry out this procedure to ensure that this prescription medication is suitable for you. All the information that you disclose during your online consultation will remain confidential. We share your entrusted information with no one other than our EU registered doctor and our trusted pharmacy. If our EU registered doctor deems you suitable for this prescription medication, your Aciclovir dosage will be dispatched for overnight delivery.
- Treatment Information
- Product Name: Aciclovir
- Active Ingredient(s): Aciclovir
- Manufacturer: Delcor Asset
- Description: Aciclovir is an anti-viral drug that is used to treat the symptoms of herpes simplex including genital herpes, cold sores and shingles
- Exemption: Subject to medical prescription
- Administration: Oral
- Presentation: Tablets
- Available Dosage: 200mg, 800mg
- Application: Men and women over 18 with genital herpes, cold sores and/or shingles
- Posology: For herpes and cold sores take 200mg 5 times a day for 5 days, for shingles take 800mg 5 times a day for 7 days
- Drug class: Antivirals
- Alcohol consumption: No known influence
- When breastfeeding: Caution is recommended, ask your doctor beforehand
- When pregnant: Caution is recommended, ask your doctor
"Most people live with the herpes virus without it causing them any concern or discomfort, but for those occasional outbreaks, antiviral treatments can provide much-needed relief."
Here at euroClinix, your safety is our priority. That is why we only supply genuine treatments dispensed by registered UK pharmacies.
- Genuine medication
- Prescribed by a registered doctor
- Dispatched from a licensed UK pharmacy
The dosage instructions for each herpes virus medication differ according to the condition they are taken to treat.